3.31.2010

Random Updates

Nothing really new to post.  The blood draws have slowed down substantially.  I got one yesterday and every two weeks for progesterone and continue shots twice a week.  Dh is getting back in the swing of things and helping remind me since I have been so forgetful (we had to do one over lunch in the back of his suv because I forgot the night prior!)  My prog was 24.5 when I tested peak plus 7, 38.5 when I tested pos at peak plus 17, and 22.4 when I tested two weeks ago yesterday, which dropped me into zone 2 from zone 3.  I am not fretting about it as my prog was all over the place last time and they just kept adjusting to accomodate and things were fine.

I have an ob appt next week (Tues) and he will do another "quick peak" ultrasound.  at that time I will be 9 weeks 2 days.  If he sees a good heartbeat then (actually after 8 weeks) then he says our chance of miscarriage is around 3%.  We will take that!  After that I will see him once a month.  I don't know how often I will continue to get ultrasounds. 

I have not had a ton of pregnancy symptoms.  I am tired, but a 30 min or 1 hr nap usually means I can go to bed around the regular time or just a half hour earlier (about 10pm).  Charlie is cooperating by mostly sleeping through the night (until teeth rear their evil head again!)  I am nauseated when I don't eat, but I can usually eat small amounts and stay on top of it.  Not a ton of stuff sounds good, so that is the biggest challenge.  Of course, my belly looks like all I do is eat!  I showed pretty early with Charlie and I knew to expect earlier with number two.  Of course, there is nothing cute and pregnant about it, it just looks like everything has relaxed, but I remind myself it isn't me. :)

I am looking forward to Easter despite my horrible keeping of Lenten resolutions.  We will color eggs as a family on Saturday morning over here, and then mass and a big meal on Sunday.  We may also do an Easter hunt with the cousins.  It will be fun that Charlie is going to "get it" this year (he is turning 18 months on the 8th and has his well baby appt tomorrow).  I have had fun putting together a basket of little toys and Christian books.  I would love to hear all of your Easter traditions.  We are constantly trying to think of what ones we want to carry on in our own family.

Have a blessed Easter! 

6 comments:

T said...

I'm so glad you're not experiencing really difficult symptoms of pregnancy. Praying that all will continue to go well. Grow, little one!
Have a blessed Easter!

mrsblondies said...

I'm glad that you are feeling pretty well, and I'll be praying for you. Have a blessed Easter!

Karen said...

I'm so happy to hear that things seem to be going well. Keeping you in my prayers. Have a blessed Easter!

... said...

Hey, ho-hum in pregnancy world is a good thing. Everything is going normally, but you’re not overwhelmingly sick.

Are your clothes tighter yet? Being a thin frame I think makes you show quicker.

Have a happy Easter.

WheelbarrowRider said...

I agree-ho hum is a nice change! I do tend to show fast, but it isn't that the baby is big yet. I think even with #1, it was #3 and my body knew it?! I don't know. But the issue with clothes is that they are very unflattering around the midsection-just hug where they didn't before, and it is not a cute firm bump but just flabby and resembles more a beer gut. Everything just decided to let loose one day and there she was. I wore it proud though, tonight, as it is 85 out (yes, snow last week, and 85 degrees today) and I was HOT on our evening walk! I have NO vanity when it comes to the neighbors seeing me look aweful; don't think it is a virtue-I think the employees at Hy.Vee would appreciate if I wouldn't take a little more care in my appearance! I did tell my husband I need one of those "pregnant not fat" t-shirts so I guess I do have some pride:) I hope everyone has a really wonderful Easter too! Thank you!

prayerfuljourney said...

Happy Easter to you too...glad to hear all is well.