11.12.2009

Quotes

Those who know me know I love a good quote; I cling to them in difficult times.  There is the bible of course, and others.  Some that I've found inspiring over time are:
  • Proverbs 3:5-6
  • Romans 12:1-2
  • Everything will be okay in the end.  If it's not okay, it's not the end.
  • People won't remember what did or what you said.  They will remember how you made them feel.
  • If God brought you to it, He will get you through it.
  • The will of God's will never take you where the grace of God's will not protect you. 
In my kitchen a plaque says:
In this house, we do second chances; we do grace; we do real; we do mistakes; we do I'm sorry's; we do loud real well; we do hugs; we do family; we do love.
(that reflects my dream of a large chaotic family more than the reality of our quiet family of 3!)

As you can imagine, I like the company Uppercase and would plaster my house if I had the income. :)

In Charlie's room I have one saying over his crib:
Before you were conceived, we wanted you.  Before you were born, we loved you.  Before you were here an hour, we would die for you.  This is the miracle of love.

I also had a prayer I like engraved and it is on a shelf in his room with his St. Raphael statue:
Lord, look down from heaven above and touch this special child with love.  Protect and guide this little one until each and every day is done.  Remind us often that its true, this little life is a gift from you.  A miracle you've send our way.  Lord, bless this child.

No comments: