8.23.2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

I can't help myself, when I love something I have to share about it with others.  I am a talker by nature.  I figured this would also help some of you get to know me better.  For those of you that know me well, it should come as no surprise that two of the three are food related!* 

1. Lemonade from Chik-Fil-A
I am frugal (in some areas) and rarely order a drink with dinner (alcoholic or otherwise).  I have never been big on soda, though I enjoy an occasional root beer with pizza.  When others got a drink for a treat, I went for the chocolate in the vending machines.  I have to say though, in terms of drinks, lemonade is a real treat.  And not the kind that comes in a soda machine.  That doesn't count.  But real lemonade.  I only knew one restaurant 20 min away that served real lemonade until today.  When I discovered this just down the street.  Look out dh, I may just have to have one every so often!

2. Reef brand Flip Flops-Ginger style
I told you I was frugal in some ways.  I often have only one pair of shoes for everyday and one pair of dress shoes.  Occasionally I have one brown pair and one black pair of something.  I don't own enough to get flashy styles that will go out of style quickly.  I actually don't enjoy shopping and spend most of our money and time shopping at Tar.get.  I had no idea when I happened onto these flip flops about seven years ago, what a find they were-I have worn the SAME pair ever since!  They are inexpensive ($15-20), cute and feminine, excellently made, and incredibly comfortable.  Bet you didn't think arch support in a flip flop was possible-I didn't!  They are cute, come in tons of colors (neutrals for me, pinks and blues for you with a little more style), and seriously have a marshmallow soft soul while still being supportive.  They totally mold to your foot in a good way.  I have bought other cheap pairs.  I have bought some trendier brands (roxy etc).  None were this comfortable or well made.  I literally wore the tread off my reefs and then some, but it took a long time.  After about 7 years of wearing them, I just bought two more pairs-black and brown-haha!  I had sunk so far down in them the thong piece was a big ball under my foot compared to the rest.  I decided maybe if I own two they will last ten years?!

3. Zone Perfect Double Dark Chocolate Protein Bars
When my dh first introduced me to protein bars, I made fun of him.  I thought he was nuts.  I told him, this peanut butter milk chocolate zone bar tastes nothing like a reeces.  He laughed and said that isn't exactly what it was supposed to taste like.  It tasted chalky.  I hated it.  However, when I noticed our local Sam's/Cost.co carrying the dark chocolate variety, I picked them up for him and tried one myself.  They come in a two pack-almond and double chocolate.  The almond are good, but some of that chalkiness remains.  The double dark are like a candy bar.  A good one.  They meet my dh's criteria for decent amount protein without lots of other bad stuff (carbs, sugar...can you tell I know what I am talking about here? lol I am not knowledgable in this area-at all!)  Anyway, I can satisfy my chocolate cravings without feeling guilty!  Protein bars in general are expensive, and these are still up there, but where we get them you get 24 bars for $18-not bad!

What are things that you can't live without?

*I am just promoting these items for the fun of it

10 comments:

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

oooo-lemonade from Chik-Fil-A is so good! I usually get half tea/half lemonade. That's even better!

Second Chances said...

Kaitlin, me too! Love the Arnold Palmers (half tea half lemonade). Doesn't get any better. Ok, now I'm thirsty again!

Megan said...

I have heard good things about Reefs, but I am a Teva girl. I love them for all the same reasons you love Reefs!
As for other things I love, I should do a post on this myself, but off the top of my head... I love my bpa free Nalgene bottle! I drink mostly water, and like you, I rarely order a drink with dinner.
Decaf coffee is another favorite of mine! I can drink it any time of the day, and I love going out for coffee with friends! Regular coffee gives me the shakes. :)

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Our approach to shoes is the same!! I am like that, too! I'm not a shoe and purse girl like so many are.

My favorite things.... dark chocolate FOR SURE. And, I do love the handspun chocolate milkshakes at Chik-Fil-A!!!!

And, banana cream pie! Oh, and chocolate cake! And garlic mashed potatoes! And, well, I guess I'm all about food, too...

Karen said...

Mmmmm...lemonade! Delish! I do like Chick-fil-a's but my favorite is Newmans Own. You get it in the grocery store where the oj is. I like my lemonade super lemony and really sour not sweet. Yummy!

I also have an addiction to Diet Coke. It's. Sad but true. I know soda isn't good for you but I'm just not willing to give it up.

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

1) LOVE fried chicken:) 2) Favorite drink is Cool Brew (New Orleans concentrated coffee): just add water, milk and ice on a hot day and you have a yummy drink without the starbucks rip off! 3)Crocs!!! Love love! I even ordered a pair of teacher Croc shoes. They have some cute styles on Crocs.com
4) Sunflower seeds-I sound like a hick, I swear I'm not, but I love to snack on these! No worries...I don't spit them out in public! At home,I put them in a cup...eewww sounds gross, but I only do it by myself. My husband would prob puke if he saw me! haha

Hebrews 11:1 said...

How bad does this suck--we don't have Chick-fil-A in Nebraska!! I have only had it once and LOVED it!!

I can't live without grape G2 gatorade, chex mix, and sour patch kids. :)

Hebrews 11:1 said...

And Diet Coke! I forgot that one but it's my biggest vice.

WheelbarrowRider said...

Oh, I do also love grape G2 gatorade! My dh laughs at me drinking it when I have not been within 100 feet of exercise in a long time :) However, now that my ob/gyn says dehydration causes early labor, I have a free pass to drink with abandonment! lol
Garlic mashed potatoes-mmm! Love the food theme, ladies, it makes me feel better! Must try the milkshakes!

WheelbarrowRider said...

Okay, it was tough, but I have another one that is not food related-the ultimate luxury is getting a pedicure and having them put that flower on my big toes. I smile everytime I look down and see it!