Today is dh's and my fourth wedding anniversary! I feel so crazy fortunate to be married to the love of my life. Since I haven't been on the blogs through an anniversary before, I thought I'd fill out a survey and show some pics (idea from GIMH-thanks!)
And if you want some extra long (but super cute story) reading, please check out the details of how we met by clicking here by clicking here. Also our engagement story is posted here. I actually wrote it up the night it happened while it was all fresh in my mind because I wanted to remember it forever. It may not be PW, but it makes my heart go pitter patter!
August is a hot one for a wedding, especially where I live, but given that we weren't interested in a long engagement (it was six months) and I wanted a summer wedding, so it worked out well. It actually ended up being in the 80s, not too terrible considering is has been in the 100s this year-yikes!
And what would a wedding post be without a few pics...
1. Where/how did you meet: The very short version is...in a bar. Twice. That neither of us really frequented. I didnt' give him my number the first time. I wasn't looking for a bar guy, but the second time I liked him more. His offer to meet me at church rather than exchanging numbers definitely peaked my interest!
2. How long have you known each other: Since 2003
3. How long after you met did you start dating: Upon the second meeting-maybe they were a month apart?
4. Where did you get engaged: At a really nice steak restaurant we were at to celebrate Valentine's day. Now he has to take me every year to celebrate-haha! Lucky me!
5. How long was your engagement: 6 months
6. How long have you been married: 4 years
7. What is your anniversary: August 19th
8. How many people came to your wedding reception: About 250-we both have big families and lots of friends and every dime we saved ended up just going to a larger guest list!
9. What kind of cake did you serve: I actually don't like cake so I didn't really care. It was pretty and simply done. A women made it in her home. I think it was chocolate. We also served cheesecakes-yum!
10. Where was your wedding: In Kansas City, the city of fountains!
11. What did you serve for your meal: bbq briscuit and chicken. We really lucked out how fabulous the meal was because it was dirt cheap!
12. How many people were there in your bridal party: 5-I have three sisters and one sister in law (far left) and my best friend was my made of honor (on my right when looking at the photo).
13. Are you still friends with them all: Of course!
14. Did you or your spouse cry during the ceremony: No, I was too happy to cry. I noticed way later that dh had his lip bit in the picture of me entering the church. I totally thought he was nervous, but he said no, he was going to cry I was so beautiful!
15. Most special moment of your wedding day: Dh and I really loved the whole thing. The ceremony was so beautiful, the reception was such a celebration. I will say we weren't around each other very much until about 10pm-it just flew past and we both were trying to get to see all of these out of town guests... at one point I say, I don't even know where my fiancee is and then I had to laugh that he was actually now my husband. It was the first time I had said those words!
16. Any funny moments: Evidently dh's fraternity brothers started using our vases as very large glasses! I was approached with a vase and they begged me to drink from it. I did, but I can't say I impressed anyone. I am no good at chugging and I learned that night that while groomsmen feel it is their duty to keep the groom's drink full at all cost, bridesmaids do not feel the same obligation. At least mine didn't! Probably beter because I was a lightweight. But when dh found out they were out of my drink and I hadn't had one, he sent a bartender to the liquor store. I think that I had one drink all night, besides a few gulps of this beer!
17. Any big disasters: Thankfully no-just near misses! We did have to make a bathroom stop while in the trolley, my husband's brother's girlfriend spill her drink on my dress and I about fell down the stairs at the reception thanks to my shoes! Oh yes, and my sister's one year old daughter took off her earing and put it in her mouth while my sister was giving us a toast. She knew, but you couldn't tell from her even tone. I can laugh now because no ER trip was necessary!
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon: the Riveria Maya, at an all inclusive in Mexico-wonderful!
20. If you were to do your wedding over...Nothing big. Some ladies forgot to put my daisies all over the cake so instead they were floating in water on the tables in addition to the centerpieces. The cake looked a little plain, but no one would notice or care, I am sure. And I didn't either-too much fun going on, too much to celebrate! Oh yes, the main thing "the girls" were hoisted too high and one was even coming out on a side and had to be edited out of photos...
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on: Further from the door, but I don't really care about that stuff and actually slept on the other side last night.
22. What size is your bed: King. And not to sound like a brat, but it really is too big. We snuggled a lot more when we had a smaller bed and dh and I are never ones to need our own space. However, I often find that we could fit two people btw us! Lol
23. Greatest strength as a couple: We can't stay mad long. About anything. We have instant memory loss when it comes to the others' faults.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple: Not being able to sleep together during our pregnancies. Yes, that's personal but true.
25. Who literally pays the bills: Dh. He is a CPA and very financially savvy. I am grateful I don't have to, even though I could. In a lot of my other dating relationships, the guys were so clueless about that stuff and not at all mindful of how they spent....
26. What is your song: At the wedding we danced to "At Last." We had to kiss a lot of frogs before we found each other! :) We have many informal songs that our ours though, we have always loved to dance and sing together (loud, badly, off key...). Here we are singing "American Pie."
27. What did you dance your first dance to: At Last
28. Describe your wedding dress: I wanted simple-this one was, but surprisingly still covered in lace. I loved the scallops at the bottom and across the bust.
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding: Cala lilies-love them! But way too expensive to have everywhere, so there were other things thrown in.
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? No, we wanted to, but ended up going with comfort bands instead that can't be engraved. I thought it was best since dh isnt' used to wearing any sort of jewelry. I love that we have matching bands, it was so important to me that it is one of the main reasons I wanted a solitare so it would go together.