1.10.2011

Why I Love My Husband (1)

I am so overdue for starting this.  Thanks to Kaitlin for the idea!  Here are just a few reasons I love my husband.

He is into traditions and holidays and making memories.  He has a child like enjoyment of these things, and I would say I do too.  He wished I had waited for him to put up the new stockings, but I was so excited they went straight onto the mantel.  He forgave me anyway though. 

He is a hard worker.  This is his busiest month of the year.  He will probably have at least one 85 plus hour week this month.  He calls often to say he misses us.  He does it all for his family.

He doesn't care when I don't shower and look a mess.  He loves me anyway, no matter how I look (though that does make me want to look nicer for him, it doesn't actually translate into that happening!)

Since AJ was born he has become 24/7 focused on giving Charlie the love and attention he needs.  He is his play buddy even more than before, but what has really changed is the amount he participates in the other things-diapers, baths, getting dressed, putting down for bed or naps, feeding him.   Until busy season started, he took a monitor at night and responded to Charlie when he had the stomach flu or woke due to teething.  Yes, he even cleaned up vomit to the best of his ability.  Of course, he pays attention to AJ too.  But he knows that while I am feeding Anthony, etc Charlie is the one that really needs the extra attention right now.   

There is more, but that is enough for now :)

6 comments:

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

Awesome! Especially the part about the stockings-that's pretty sweet.

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Awwww, he is a doll! You are so blessed!!! :) :)

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

love the part about spending more time with
Charlie!!! So precious!

Second Chances said...

What a catch! It's so great that he sees that Charlies needs the attention right now. It's so true! Yay for great husbands!!!

Nicole C said...

I love this community of women who aren't afraid to admit how much they love their husbands! So refreshing!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! :)