12.18.2008

Coming Home to Face the Music

It wasn’t easy to follow through with, but I was convicted, and for the first time in my life I knew what people meant when they said they were at peace with something. It was hard, but I knew in my heart it was right. Don't get me wrong, my time in the airport preparing to come home to future DH and share with him my massive conversion was not easy. In fact, my flight was delayed and I had a whole four hours to stress over it. But, God is good and He provided. I knew future DH was not going to go with his heart at first, he needed his head on board.  He would not be able to accept my conversion and new path based on the fact that I felt God had called me to this. He would want concrete answers as to what exactly was the church's teaching and why. Coming into the airport I couldn't explain that. But four hours later I could. This was because while at the conference I bought a book based on a recommendation. I really had no idea what I was buying, but it was a simple question and answer book by Christopher West called The Good News about Sex and Marriage.  The book is on the teaching of Theology of the Body. I read the whole thing in that airport and it was exactly what I needed to know to come home to future DH and his questions. I knew that he would have a hard time anyway, and he did. But he had answers to his questions and I had the peace of mind knowing that what I was doing was what was best. I also knew that if future DH wasn't the one for me, sadly, then God would provide someone else that would be a fitting mate. I had trust. Future DH survived with the help of the Holy Spirit and taking things one day at a time. We were stronger as a couple because of it. That was the first blessing of many, that came from my saying “yes” to God. Really trusting Him, and really let His will guide my life. It wasn't easy, but it was a start. I was finally in the wheelbarrow.

No comments: