2.21.2015

My Dh and a Huge Prayer Request

I will post about the funeral shortly, but right now I want to talk about my dh. Through this pregnancy, he was excited and also worried just like I was. The only difference was he was working up to 85 hrs (his busiest time) as he is a Controller for a Fortune 500 company and in charge of all their filings with the SEC. He didn't have the luxury of the two girl's nights I had last week where I felt so loved. Or in receipt of all the wonderful Facebook, blog, and text messages of support in prayer. the flowers that were sent to me. He is removed from the comfort, but not the pain.

He continues to burn the candle at both ends. He came to two doc appts for heartbeats. He came to as much of my D&C as he was able. He barely got 45 minutes off for the funeral. While I took the whole day off and was able to go out to lunch with a friend after. He is not only working, but also looking for another job. He is the only candidate right now for the ideal position-and the worst timing ever. He preps for interviews, works, and comes home to prep for interviews again. Even though he likely has this position (he wowed the CFO on the first interview), since then he has flown to Portland to interview with 5 people back to back (with a parent company). That was last weekend. Then Thursday, he had an interview before he went to work with HR, and then with the other parent company after work. This Sunday we thought he would have to fly to Denver for the last interview, but the snowstorm made that delayed. And while he is ready to get it all over with, I know this was God's timing.  He continues to do his best to support me and be an awesome dad throughout all of this.

Earlier this week, around Tuesday and Wednesday, I was having a small pity party. I didn't want to do Lent. I felt like I was already at the end of forty long days of sacrifice and self denial. I was in the desert. But a post from a friend on a miscarriage support group changed my thinking. She posted a Love Dare. Immediately I got excited. I have been thinking about dh and his sacrifice for our family. How emotionally, physically, and spiritually drained he is. My focus has changed to what can I do for him this Lent to show my love and appreciation?

Three and a half years ago I went on an incredible retreat. It wasn't great timing, but I went anyway. I took my 6 month old with me. It fed my soul! I also met some incredible people I still have relationships with. I prayed dh would have this experience, but he kept putting it off. I stopped bringing it up and started nagging God instead. This year, I about fell out of the pew when he told me he wanted to sign up. He had the caveat that if work got crazy he would have to back out. I understood. When the interview came up, I understood. But now that is pushed back, and he is free to attend.

One of the most powerful parts of the retreat is at the end. That is when you hear, really realize, how many people have been praying for you all weekend. And then the letters pour in. letters of encouragement, appreciation, and prayer. It's so wonderful to receive these. I sort of dropped the ball on the fact that I am actually to get others to write these letters as well.  I had forgotten that part. But I got so excited, realizing this was exactly what dh needs right now. And so I sent a plea out to those I thought would be interested. And the response has been incredible. You are part of that plea. If you would pray for my dh this weekend, I would so greatly appreciate it! He needs this relationship with God. He needs to lean on Him. He needs to be rejuvenated. And He needs to understand how losing this baby fits with the idea of a loving and merciful God.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and kind words. But if at least for this weekend, you could direct those at my dh, it would mean so much! Any comments left below will copied and shared with him. Thanks in advance!

15 comments:

Amazing Life said...

Our family will be lifting him up in prayer. What grace he shall encounter during this time. It just seems like a God-appointed time for him to be on retreat. A chance to clarify that in all of the ctaziness of supporting your family, both emotionally & financially that God alone is his rock, a mighty fortress that is trustworthy. I often watch my husband suffer silently and cheerfully providing for our family & I can see what a gift you are to your family by choosing to serve God and your family above yourself. I am sorry for the loss of your most precious newest blessing. I pray that your heart finds joy in knowing that all of your babies, those in Heaven and on earth, know they are loved deeply by you. I will also pray for your upcoming career decisions & needs.
Peace,

The Broussard Crew!

Unknown said...

I'm a fellow blogger and have read your wife's posts about your sweet family for many years. I'm so sorry that you lost your dear baby and also lost the ability to have more biological children. I watched my husband struggle with my own miscarriages. There are many of us who lose tiny sons and daughters but not many people who "get" what an extensive loss that is each and every time. I'm sorry that you are going through that pain but I'm grateful that your children are so well loved and honored by their father. May God uphold you. May God give you direction in your career. May 2015 end with joy and strength. My prayers are with you this weekend.

Yours,

Abigail Benjamin
Washington DC

Sue K said...

Praying for you during this retreat, that you may experience the greatness of God's love for you, and that you will find peace, comfort and healing that only God can bring.

WheelbarrowRider said...

There are no words. You guys blow me away. Thank you!

Lucky as Sunshine said...

Prayers for you. I'm going to share the card I got my husband for Valentines Day. Like you, he is also a hardworking guy. I can tell that you do this for your wife and family. It goes:

I Love a Man. who's a stand-up guy... a man who does the right thing whether it gets noticed or not... a man who's got strong convictions but a tender heart. I love a man who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty A man who sees to it that his family's safe and loved and his lady gets spoiled a little now and then.
I love a man who makes me feel like the luckiest woman in the world, just knowing he's mine. That man is you.

******************
Know that you always need time for you, to refresh & rejunivate, we pray that you have a fruitful retreat to energize you.

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Saying prayers for you to feel God's arms wrapped around you this weekend as well as in the days and weeks to come. What a gift you are to your family in being their provider, husband and father and giving it your all and then some! I pray that God will lead you through this time of extreme busy-ness amidst the loss of your son and bring you closer to Him.

Fertile Thoughts said...

Praying for the Holy Spirit to guide you this weekend and Mother Mary to watch over you as you draw closer to her Son.
God bless you and all of the hard work you do for your family!
Amber

WheelbarrowRider said...

Girls, you will not believe this but Lucky As Sunshine-I GOT MY MAN THAT CARD! NO LIE! I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW :)

WheelbarrowRider said...

Girls, you will not believe this but Lucky As Sunshine-I GOT MY MAN THAT CARD! NO LIE! I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW :)

Unknown said...

Am Sammy Elisha from USA This was How i got my lover back, All thanks goes to Dr ALABI for saving my marriage from toning apart.i feel so grateful and only have good words about a powerful spell caster named Dr ALABI who helped me bring back my wife. We had been apart for 4 months, at first I was thinking if I was doing the right thing by contacting a spell caster, but I so much love my wife and won't give her up for anything in this world. I decided to contact Dr ALABI.Trust through his mail address {alabitemple@yahoo.com} I found on several testifiers messages online,and I told him about my situation, he laughed and told me my lover will be back to me in the next 48 hours. I felt it wasn't going to happen at first until my lover called me and was so eager to have me back more than anything on earth.. Now we are together and she cant do without me,and both of us are happy. I feel so happy sharing this testimony because there was no negative act attached to his work. His work was smooth and fast. Thanks to Dr ALABI for bringing back happiness to my life. I swear with my life that Dr ALABI is a man to trust and take your problems to. You can contact him on his e-mail if you really truly want your love back.{alabitemple@yahoo.com}

the misfit said...

Praying for you to find peace and healing from the losses you've suffered, and for you to experience God's love for you and His strength in all life's challenges.

Anonymous said...

MAMA LITTLE recently brought my fiancee back to my life, after we have been composed for 9years. We have stayed living favorably without any delinquent. I always converse about matrimony with her but she replies me with, And promise me that we will soon get married. I was shock on a faithful day when she called me and told me that she is no longer interested in the relationship, because she met another guy, and they were almost getting married. I was stunned and dizzy after hearing that from her. I was so drained and tried to get back to myself because deprived of her it was dreadful because I truly love her with the whole of my emotion. Until I was fixed up to MAMA LITTLE whose email is highness4spell@gmail.com I communicated with her and she guaranteed me that my wish will be settled unto me after 48 hours, and she told me to count on her words, and she gave me every purpose why I have not to worry any longer. So that was how MAMA LITTLE came into my marital life and fetched my girlfriend back to me after 48 hours as MAMA LITTLE guaranteed me, and now here I am affirming of her virtorious works. And she also cast money spell for me that really well-ordered out for me. So I will recommend you to contact her once you are in need of magic spell. she is sincere and real to help you out.. highness4spell@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Please help me to have abundance and prosperity in my life. I am 55 years old unemployed Filipino seaman. I can not be hired anymore because of my age. I am drowning with mountains of bills and credits need to be paid soonest. Please help me to find an employment or source of income other than my line of job to support my family.I have plenty health problems already as well as my family members.

Anonymous said...

My Name is Gillis Britney ..I never believed in Love Spells or Magics until I met this special spell caster when i contact this man called papa_wordtemple@yahoo.com Execute some business..He is really powerful..My wife divorce me with no reason for almost 2 years and i tried all i could to have her back cos i really love her so much but all my effort did not work out.. we met at our early age at the college and we both have feelings for each other and we got married happily for 5 years with no kid and she woke up one morning and she told me she’s going on a divorce..i thought it was a joke and when she came back from work she tender to me a divorce letter and she packed all her loads from my house..i ran mad and i tried all i could to have her back but all did not work out..i was lonely for almost 2 years…So when i told the spell caster what happened he said he will help me and he asked for her full name and her picture..i gave him that..At first i was skeptical but i gave it a try cos have tried so many spell casters and there is no solution…so when he finished with the readings,he got back to me that she’s with a man and that man is the reason why she left me…The spell caster said he will help me with a spell that will surely bring her back.but i never believe all this…he told me i will see a positive result within 2 days..2 days later,she called me herself and came to me apologizing and she told me she will come back to me..I cant believe this,it was like a dream cos i never believe this will work out after trying many spell casters and there is no solution..The spell caster is so powerful and after that he helped me with a pregnancy spell and my wife got pregnant a month later..we are now happy been together again and with lovely kid..This spell caster has really changed my life and i will forever thankful to him..he has helped many friends too with similar problem too and they are happy and thankful to him..This man is indeed the most powerful spell caster have ever experienced in life..Am Posting this to the Forum in case there is anyone who has similar problem and still looking for a way out..you can reach him here: papa_wordtemple@yahoo.com CONTACT THIS GREAT AND POWERFUL SPELL CASTER CALLED PAPA Word ... HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS :papa_wordtemple@yahoo.com CONTACT HIM NOW AND BE FAST ABOUT IT SO HE CAN ALSO ATTEND TO YOU BECAUSE THE EARLIER YOU CONTACT HIM NOW THE BETTER FOR YOU TO GET QUICK SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS...

Tamara Barrow said...

Some days, things do not happen the way you want them to be. They fall
apart, and you start to worry. Worse, you feel discouraged and lonely,
thinking that there is no other way to straighten things up Natural herbs
have cured so many illness that drugs and injection can't cure I've seen
the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work natural herbs
have done in people's lives. i read a lot of people's testimonies online on
how they were cured of Herpes, HIV, Diabetics, Lymphoma, Fibroid, Cancer
etc by Dr voodoo herbal medicine, so i decided to contact the doctor Dr
voodoo also cured me from HIV I will recommend Dr. voodoo to everyone
reading this article because this herbal healer is capable to heal anything
email Dr voodoo at: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com also his whatsApp
+2348140120719